Changes were made for RHCs and FQHCs Friday April 17th 2020.
- A new code that will be added 7/1/2020 is G2025 and it will pay $92.00 as a distant site provider for RHCs and FQHCs.
- In the meantime RHCs/FQHCs that use interactive real time audio/video platforms can bill for telehealth services now through 6/30/20 with a 95 modifier (E/Ms, etc.).
- Any claims with 95 modifier will signify that you are requesting reimbursement for G2025.
- CMS will take back or pay the difference between the $92 and the AIR Rate after July 1st.
- Audio only will still be billed as G0071 through and after 7/1/20 (Virtual check-ins, etc.).
- Interactive asynchronous, real-time audio and video will be billed as regular telehealth service with 95 modifier through 06/30/20 and G2025 after 7/1/20.
- CMS will automatically recoup or pay additional funds with no action required on the part of providers.
- Providers will need to be aware of that to ensure the takeback doesn’t cause financial problems when it occurs.
Below is the link for the MLN: